- Congresswoman Louise Slaughter (NY), "I don't ever want to any women to ever again have to salute the man that raped her."
- Congresswoman Harman (CA), "Women in today's military are more likely to be raped than killed on the battlefield."
- Congressman Shays (CT), "The DOD has no credibility, absolutely none."
- Witness Ingrid Torres of the U.S. Red Cross was told by DOD psychologist, "Stop acting like a baby!"
- Mother of Maria Lauterbach explaining how her impregnated daughter's perpetrator stalked and killed her, " No one even bothered to drive by his house."
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Sexual Assault in the Military Bulletpoints
Notes from today's House Oversight and Government Reform hearing titled, Sexual Assault in the Military: